Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Pop Tab Flowers




Okay, These are a blast to make!! I have made a bunch now. For the flower in the top picture, I found the picture on line here http://craftzine.com/03/fasten_pulltab/ and thought I could do that. First thing I had to do was find some pop tabs. We do not drink pop or beer in a can. So…I got on freecycle (almost every community has one, if not you can start one) and asked for pop tabs. Within two days I had a nice little box of them in my mitts. I got out my crochet thread and started figuring it out. This is a picture of the first one I did. I plan on doing a bunch more I am putting a table up at a Christmas bazaar in November and think these will sell good as tree ornaments. I also live in a Navy community so I am going to make some red, white and blue with a small yellow ribbon in the center with a pin back. I think those will sell very well. I am going to do some solid yellow and some solid pink with the ribbon and pin backs for cancer and waiting for out troops to come home. Very fun. My husband even told me when he saw them “Those are cute, but what are you going to do with them?”. For my husband that is a compliment. The second picture of the bigger flowers I found online. I haven’t tried them yet but will in the next day or two. They look fun also.

1 comment:

  1. I made mine in white so it looks like a snowflake and hang it on your Christmas tree or in your window

    ReplyDelete